A Piece of Roast Beef and a Boiled Leg of Mutton Serve a Small Family for a Week.
This particular selection is familiar to me. My go-to meat is a whole chicken, however, mutton being unavailable locally. The Convivial chicken menu looks something like the following:
- Sunday – Roast whole chicken with rice and peas (house smells amazing)
- Monday – Chicken tacos
- Tuesday – Chicken and rice casserole
- Wednesday – Nachos with chicken
- Thursday – Chicken soup made with bones
- Friday – Leftover chicken soup
Anyone else have something similar? I’m curious to figure out other ‘systems’ for leftovers.
Source: In the Kitchen, 1875.
More Fun Discoveries from Antique Cookbooks