Happy National Whipped Cream Day! As a kid, did your parents ever give you a pint of cream and a whisk and say: “Mix this until it becomes whipped cream?” And you’re mixing, and mixing, and mixing – and nothing happens. Then you think: Yeah right. They’re making all this whipped cream stuff up.
Then they pour it in the Kitchen Aid, turn it on, and 30 seconds later it’s whipped cream. And you’re thinking: Well how come they didn’t do that it in first place? It would have been so much easier.
And adults think they’re SO smart…
Then you become and adult and you have kids and you realize that your savvy parents gave the cream to the kids first to keep them busy… Like making ice cream in plastic baggies.
This whipped cream recipe has some great tips:
- Use a cold bowl 3 times the volume of the liquid you start with.
- A ratio of 1 cup powdered sugar to 1 pint of cream.
- For firmer cream, whip in 2 egg whites.
- Add juice of 1/2 lemon for flavoring.
- Make 1 hour before serving and keep chilled until needed.
- Use the Kitchen Aid, electric mixer, or gullible child 12 or under*
*No. 6 is my addition.